Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Guilty Weight


I can't believe how long it's been since I sat at my computer to write! This is supposedly a passion with me (writing), yet it seems to be the first thing that I let slide when the world closes in and the 'busies' take over. Eventually my life slows down and then there is another force that prevents me from just picking back up and writing.

The guilty weight. Ever feel that? It's self imposed, well... mainly. There can be those who use this tool to 'encourage', but the feeling is still the same. That there is something 'lacking', some essential characteristic missing. If I just had that, whatever it is, I wouldn't be in this spot, I wouldn't have allowed myself to get behind or allowed anything to slip passed me.

Every time I thought about posting another blog, I'd remember how long it had been since my last. WHAM! Hit with guilty weight, I'd question if I had anything worth saying, especially after so long a silence.

This morning, scribbling in my journal, it hit me. NOW is the time. This moment-stop putting it off, go get on the computer and just write. Live, move, breathe, and write in this moment.

Writer's block-gone! Guilty weight-gone!

Sheep M 8/12/09

5 comments:

YayaOrchid said...

Glad to see you're writing again. And I do know about that feeling where you have to push yourself to write.

Debbie said...

Welcome back; we've missed you!

KathyB. said...

You know that commercial by NIKE, Just Do It!

Stickhorsecowgirls said...

Glad you're back! Have missed reading those posts! V.

Connie said...

Sometimes it is a challenge to keep thinking of something new to say. I have the same trouble. Just getting over the hump of starting something will usually help to get me motivated enough to finish it though.